Features and Benefits
Maintain your instance availability
Whether you are running one cloud instance or thousands, you can use Auto Scaling to detect impaired instances and unhealthy applications, and replace the instances without your intervention. This ensures that your application is getting the compute capacity that you expect.
Automatically Scale Your Fleet
Auto Scaling enables you to follow the demand curve for your applications closely, reducing the need to manually provision capacity in advance. For example, you can set a condition to add new instances in increments to the Auto Scaling group when the average utilization of your fleet is high; and similarly, you can set a condition to remove instances in the same increments when CPU utilization is low. If you have predictable load changes, you can set a schedule through Auto Scaling to plan your scaling activities.Auto Scaling enables you to run your fleet at optimal utilization.
Opennebula Autoscale allows users and administrators to define, execute and manage multi-tiered applications, or services composed of interconnected Virtual Machines with deployment dependencies between them. Each group of Virtual Machines is deployed and managed as a single entity, and is completely integrated with the advanced OpenNebula user and group management.
- Define multi-tiered applications (services) as collection of applications.
- Manage multi-tiered applications as a single entity.
- Automatic execution of services with dependencies.
- Provide configurable services from a catalog and self-service portal.
- Enable tight, efficient administrative control.
- Fine-grained access control for the secure sharing of services with other users.
- Auto-scaling policies based on performance metrics and schedule.